Leather Master Leather Degreaser
1. If the stain is confined to a small area, cover any leather that doesn't need to be treated. To do this, cut a hole approximately the size and shape of the stain in a sheet of paper and lay the paper on the leather.
2. Shake the can well.
3. Hold the can at an angle and approximately 25-30cm from the leather. Spray towards the center of the stain, feathering the product to the outside. Make sure that droplets do not fall off the tip of the nozzle onto the leather as they may cause a ring.
4. Allow the product to dry, this may take several hours. If possible, leave to dry overnight. The degreaser goes onto the leather as a liquid and turns into a powder as it reacts with the oil in the leather. If the powder is drying to a yellow color, it means that there is still a lot of oils in the leather.
5. Vacuum the area to remove the powder. Check that all the oil has been removed. Heavily saturated areas may require several applications. The powder can only absorb a fixed amount of oil per application.
6. Remove any residual powder using Leather Soft Cleaner (for nubuck, use the Nubuck Cleaning Cloth).
7. Dry the area with a hair dryer, then massage and knead the leather to prevent any rings from forming.
8. Re-protect the leather using the appropriate protection product. For type A or P leathers, apply Protection Cream. For nubuck leather, use the Nubuck Cleaner and then a Nubuck Cleaning Cloth followed by the Nubuck Protection Spray or the Nubuck Eco-Protector.
Degreaser is an aerosol based product containing solvents. Read the safety instructions and only use the product in properly ventilated areas.
Suitable for pigmented, aniline and nubuck leather.
When possible, you will achieve better results by spraying the backside of the leather to increase the drawing out of the grease. The backside is more absorbent than the grain side.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I purchased the leather restoration kit, spew cleaner & degreaser for a sofa i’m restoring. Unfortunately, I ran into more problems than I expected. I found the web site & Sandy in customer service very helpful. As a noice in anything leather, let alone a sofa, I was apprehensive about the process. I definitely got an education in leather types & care. Almost finished & getting many compliments on the sofa. I definitely recommend Leather World products.
Best best I Had to spray and treated if you times at first I was skeptical after the first time I traded it but I did do treatments and it completely made it like normal even my husband was shocked and I was scared I was going to be in trouble since I had room in the leather sofa it was a lifesaver
I JUST got a new lucky brand genuine leather jacket $300, leave it to me and my food fads, to get a stain of coconut oil for my coffee on it within 1 month. Took it to several cleaners who could not gaurintee repair & would send out to a specialist for major $$. This degreaser has disappeared the worst spot, and still working on a smaller area not as noticeable that is majorly improved. I CAN NOT believe it. Follow instructions VERY carefully & be patient. Iâ€™m doing a 3rd treatment now. Itâ€™s been a week of spray, dry, brush. But itâ€™s absolutely working & blowing me away. Thank goodness, I love this jacket.
Since purchasing my leather degreaser I have found more things to use it on besides my target project--clean the $$ leather chair I spilled grease on accidentally. After that, I worked on jackets and hand bags, etc. each project offering me an almost new item to enjoy with very little effort, and at a low cost.
Well worth it.
Iordered the degreaser to accompany the task of cleaning and renewing our long neglected chairs. The degreaser worked well, got rid of 80% of the stained area. That combined with the cleaner. Hydrating cream and protection cream, the chairs look great!
My only suggestion, instructions on bottles do not include the full process. I recommend a single instruction sheet with all steps and suggestions on how to best use each product to gain full value. I had to call the 800# to get clarification on order of use.
We had some heavy old bodily oil spots on our favorite aniline leather loveseat. The degreaser was easy to apply and remove. Although we had to do several applications, we were very pleased with the results.
Brad was very helpful and polite. He helped me determine what I needed.
Excellent service ....received product in less time than your guidance....working with product now....was recommended by leather restoring company before they come in to blend the color to match existing....I'm sure it will all work out.